Redding Ca Google Maps
Redding, CA is a beautiful city located in the northern part of the state. It is known for its natural beauty, outdoor adventures, historical landmarks, and vibrant nightlife. If you are planning a trip to Redding, CA, this travel guide on Google Maps will help you explore the best attractions, hidden gems, and food scene in the city. Here are some tips and suggestions for a memorable trip to Redding, CA.
Redding, CA is home to some of the most beautiful and scenic attractions in the state. Some of the top attractions that you should visit include:
- Turtle Bay Exploration Park: This park is a must-visit attraction for families with kids. It has a museum, botanical gardens, and a wildlife center.
- Sundial Bridge: This pedestrian bridge is a unique landmark in Redding. It is a beautiful place to take a walk and enjoy the views.
- Shasta Dam: This is the second-largest dam in the country and is a popular tourist attraction. You can take a guided tour of the dam and learn about its history.
If you are looking for some hidden gems in Redding, CA, here are some places that you should visit:
- Lake Shasta Caverns: These caverns are a fascinating natural wonder. You can take a tour of the caves and learn about their history and geology.
- Whiskeytown Lake: This lake is a hidden gem in Redding. It is a great place to go swimming, boating, or fishing.
- Clear Creek: This creek is a popular spot for hiking and fishing. It is a beautiful place to relax and enjoy the scenery.
Redding, CA has a diverse and exciting food scene. Here are some of the top restaurants that you should try:
- Jack’s Grill: This restaurant is known for its steak and seafood dishes. It has a classic old-school vibe and is a local favorite.
- Cicada Cantina: This Mexican restaurant has a fun and lively atmosphere. It serves delicious tacos, burritos, and margaritas.
- C.R. Gibbs American Grille: This restaurant serves classic American dishes like burgers, sandwiches, and salads. It also has a great selection of beer and wine.
If you are traveling on a budget, here are some tips for saving money in Redding, CA:
- Visit the free attractions: Many of the top attractions in Redding, CA are free to visit. Make sure to check out the Sundial Bridge, the Sacramento River Trail, and the Redding Farmers Market.
- Eat at local food trucks: Redding has a thriving food truck scene. You can find delicious and affordable meals at food trucks like Thai Hut, The In-N-Out Burger Truck, and Champa Garden.
- Stay at a budget-friendly hotel: There are many budget-friendly hotels in Redding, CA. Some of the top options include Motel 6, Red Lion Inn & Suites, and Best Western Plus Hilltop Inn.
Redding, CA is a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts. Here are some of the top outdoor adventures that you can enjoy in the city:
- Hiking: Redding has many hiking trails that offer stunning views of the mountains and lakes. Some of the top trails include the Sacramento River Trail, the Whiskeytown Falls Trail, and the Iron Mountain Trail.
- Water Sports: Redding is home to many lakes and rivers that are perfect for water sports like kayaking, paddleboarding, and fishing.
- Biking: Redding has many biking routes that offer scenic views of the city and the surrounding countryside.
Redding, CA has a rich history that is reflected in its many landmarks and museums. Here are some of the top historical landmarks that you should visit:
- Shasta State Historic Park: This park is home to many historical buildings and artifacts from the gold rush era. You can take a guided tour of the park and learn about its history.
- The Cascade Theatre: This historic theater was built in 1935 and is a beautiful example of Art Deco architecture. It hosts many concerts and shows throughout the year.
- Old City Hall: This building was built in 1903 and served as the city hall until 1957. It is now home to the Shasta Historical Society Museum.
If you are traveling with kids, here are some family-friendly activities that you can enjoy in Redding, CA:
- Turtle Bay Exploration Park: This park has many activities for kids like a butterfly house, a river aquarium, and a playground.
- WaterWorks Park: This water park has many water slides and pools that are perfect for kids of all ages.
- Redding Aquatic Center: This aquatic center has a lap pool, a diving pool, and a splash pad for younger kids.
If you are looking for some unique and off-the-beaten-path experiences in Redding, CA, here are some suggestions:
- Visit the Crystal Creek Falls: This waterfall is a hidden gem in the Lassen National Forest. It is a beautiful place to hike and explore.
- Explore the Shasta Caverns: These caverns are a unique natural wonder. You can take a boat ride across the lake to reach the entrance of the caves.
- Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride: This is a unique way to explore the city and the surrounding countryside. You can enjoy stunning views of the mountains and the lakes from above.
Redding, CA is surrounded by natural wonders like mountains, lakes, and waterfalls. Here are some of the top natural wonders that you should visit:
- Mount Shasta: This mountain is a popular hiking and camping destination. It is also a spiritual site for many Native American tribes.
- Lassen Volcanic National Park: This park is home to many active volcanoes and geothermal features. It is a great place to go hiking and camping.
- Burney Falls: This waterfall is a stunning natural wonder. It is a popular spot for swimming and hiking.
Redding, CA has a vibrant nightlife scene. Here are some of the top places to enjoy a night out in the city:
- The Dip: This bar has a relaxed atmosphere and serves craft beers and cocktails.
- Maxwell’s Eatery: This restaurant has live music and a fun atmosphere. It serves delicious food and drinks.
- Woody’s Brewing Co: This brewery has a large selection of beer and a lively atmosphere. It also has a food menu with burgers, sandwiches, and salads.
If you are looking for some local markets to explore in Redding, CA, here are some suggestions:
- Redding Farmers Market: This market is open on Saturdays and offers a variety of fresh, locally grown produce, baked goods, and artisanal products.
- Redding Market Street Faire: This market is open on Thursdays and offers a variety of handcrafted goods, jewelry, and art.
- Shasta Lake Farmers Market: This market is open on Fridays and offers a variety of fresh produce, baked goods, and local crafts.
Beaches and Mountains
Redding, CA is surrounded by beautiful beaches and mountains. Here are some of the top places to visit:
- Whiskeytown Lake: This lake has many beaches that are perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking.
- Mount Shasta: This mountain is a popular hiking and camping destination. It offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside.